Saturday, April 28, 2012

BCPs and Anxiety Are a Dangerous Combination

I'm in my fourth week of BCPs, and am beyond HATING them. I am mean, enraged, breaking out and hardly even want to be looked at, never mind touched by my husband. These things SUCK.

I e-mailed my nurse last week to see if i really needed to stay on them since it seemed like it could still be a while before we get going. That's when I found out that another recipient matched with our donor, and that our donor was told to come in when she starts her period to get her testing done. So, we are almost on our way! Very exciting, scary, crazy, etc. Needless to say, I was told to stay on the dreaded BCPs. I also had to run around like a crazy woman getting a follow-up breast ultrasound done last week. As far as I know, that came back fine and I'm now done with my requirements.

So, I was looking at the sample schedule we got during our consult. I'm sort of guessing that we're headed for 3rd-4th week of June for retrieval and transfer. That's if we can get started in a couple of weeks. While I'm anxious for that, I can honestly say that at this point, I just want to get off these freaking pills. My entire household - husband, dog and myself - are miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment