Friday, May 25, 2012

Fields of Clover

I found a third 4-leaf clover last night. Maybe my part of the world is just full of mutants... Or, maybe the three symbolize those involved in this cycle: me, the donor and DH. I'm contemplating what to do with them all. Perhaps each of us needs to get one somehow. I don't know what I think about giving our donor a gift. I can't get my head to think that far in advance yet. I do know we will at least give a heartfelt card. Perhaps, I will make a card with one of these clovers.

Got Nurse Hatchet for b/w this morning. I loathed getting this woman during my cycles last year. She is scary and she really bruised me last year. Anyway, I'm a little worried the clinic's not going to get my results today because she didn't put a "stat" sticker on my order sheet. The order did say results were needed by 4pm today, so my hope is that the lab reads the sheet. I was more worried about the fact that she was telling met o leave when she had my vial of blood with no name on it and hadn't printed a label yet. I asked, "don't we need to label it and make sure it's the correct label?" "Oh, yeah." I didn't see her put the label on the vial, but she was holding the sticker on one finger and the vial in her other hand, so I assume that at least happened...

I'm a little nervous about camping and hiking this weekend. I feel so lethargic and heavy. I'm also not keen on worrying about whether the lupron is staying cool. I'm sure it will all be fine, and so long as I can hike, I'll be happy to be away. I just wish I was already in the delestrogen phase. I so badly want to feel more like myself and have more energy again. I start it on Monday, thankfully.

OK, we're off to the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment