Saturday, June 16, 2012

Waiting

A big part of cycling, whether IVF or DE IVF involves agonizing waits. Waiting for ER. Waiting to hear the fert. report following ER. Waiting to determine when you'll transfer (if you have a few number of embryos like us). And, then, of course, the dreaded 2ww.

We are currently waiting to find out whether the lab wants us to do a 3-day or 5-day transfer. We have to call at 8am tomorrow, and then either hop in the car immediately to make the trek, or we wait until Tues. I hope we make it 'til Tues. We've never transferred a blastocyst. I will feel a little more hopeful, if we could make it to that stage. But, only 15 more hours will tell.....

Yikes, I forgot to report ER results. They weren't great compared to her previous cycles. 12 eggs were split between us and the other recipient (whom I've "met" by chance through pved.org). I was disappointed in the number of eggs we had to work with; however, I was pleased that all 6 fertilized normally with ICSI. 

No comments:

Post a Comment